To Obtain NTEP Certification
- Complete the appropriate application and submit to NCWM with payment included (see page 2 of NTEP Application).
- The NTEP Administrator will review the application and determine if testing is necessary.
- If so, the device will be assigned a Control Number (CN) and a laboratory to conduct the evaluation.
- The applicant will receive notification of the CN and information regarding the assigned laboratory from NCWM.
- At this time, the applicant will communicate directly with the laboratory using the CN as a reference for the device.
- The laboratory and applicant will discuss test requirements, deposit requirements and to schedule delivery of the device to the lab and/or to a field site for performance and permanence testing.
- The laboratory will process each device on a first come, first served basis.
- For your application to remain open, you must contact the primary laboratory within thirty (30) days of the initial notification from NCWM.
- The device must be available for evaluation within ninety (90) days of the date of notification.
- If the previously stated obligations are not met, NTEP will close your application and will require you to submit another application and fees to renew the process.
- Once the device has been approved, the lab will draft Certificate of Conformance (CC).
- The NTEP Administrator will review and approve all data and then issue a CC. Once issued, the CC will be included on the NTEP CC searchable database.
- The applicant will be notified by email that the Certificate is active. NCWM does not issue paper certificates. It is your responsibility to print out the CC for your records.
*Note: NCWM and NTEP laboratories will only discuss the NTEP application with the contact and/or other authorized contact listed on the application.